Consultant Radiation Oncologist
Dr. Prasad Raj Dandekar is a Radiation Oncologist based in Mumbai and heads the department of Radiation Oncology at Sir H N Reliance Foundation Hospital, Mumbai
He is trained at the apex cancer institute of India, the Tata Memorial Hospital (2001 – 2006) where he pursued his MD and DNB in Radiation Oncology, followed by the Royal Marsden NHS Trust Hospital London, UK (2007 – 2009), where he completed his fellowship in Head and Neck Cancers.
Dr. Prasad recognises that the cancer diagnosis and treatment could be an emotionally traumatic experience. He is a trained counsellor (Post Graduate Diploma in Integrative Counselling) and offers patient-centric, empathetic care, helping patients to cope better with emotional distress.
Apart from bringing in his excellent oncology experience, he also brings in the unique experience of setting up and heading new departments of Radiation Oncology at various institutions such as Narayana Hrudayalaya – Bangalore (2009 – 2010), Sir L H Hiranandani Hospital – Mumbai (2010 – 2014) and Sir H N Reliance Foundation Hospital (2014 – till date).
He has keen interest in how technology is shaping the field of Oncology. He is the pioneer of Surface Guided Radiotherapy in India, he was one of the first adaptors of the precision radiotherapy technique of Rapid Arc in India, and he one of the first to design and run the Radiation Oncology Department on a completely digital paperless platform. He specializes in precision radiotherapy techniques which are aimed at targeting the cancer with extreme precision while preventing the side effects due to radiation.
Get complete information on Radiotherapy Treatment, what to expect & how to prepare.
- Our hospital is a Non – CoViD hospital. We follow stringent safety protocols to keep you safe from CoViD when visiting us.
- The best practice in cancer care is to follow internationally accepted standard guidelines, based on research. Our team rigorously follows these guidelines to ensure the best cure rates and minimal side effects.
- Cancer treatment requires the expertise of multiple specialists. Every week, our surgical, medical, and radiation oncologists and & other specialists such as radiologists and pathologists, assemble together and discuss individual patient cases in our “Multidisciplinary Tumour Board”. This ensures that patient benefits from the expert opinion of all the specialists.
- We deliver radiotherapy using an unparalleled combination of state-of-the-art technology, rigorous safety processes, and highly skilled personnel.
- We choose the right option for you from our wide range of radiotherapy techniques such as Rapid Arc, IGRT, SRS, SBRT, IMRT, 3DCRT, Brachytherapy, Electron therapy etc.
- We have processes & technology for minimising the radiation dose received by normal tissues. This significantly reduces side effects.
- We conduct a weekly audit of your treatment progress and have checks & balances in place for your safety.
- We offer a unique cancer rehabilitation program along with radiotherapy. It includes nutritional guidance, yoga therapy, physiotherapy, speech therapy, and counseling.
- For your comfort, we offer services such as video consultations, a lounge facility, and playing your choice of music while you are receiving radiotherapy.
- Our hospital’s commitment to patient safety and quality of care has been recognised by the highly prestigious NABH and JCI accreditation.